- The state of the property market cycle09 Oct 2015
Chief Executive of property consultancy REMS Advisors and Co-founder of alternative investment platform Fundplaces, Tan Kok Keong shares his insight on the status of the property down cycle.
- Ascott expands into Cebu and Pattaya08 Oct 2015
Ascott made its maiden entry into Cebu and Pattaya, to manage 875 units.
- Collective sale for 7 Office Developments08 Oct 2015
The following below are the Office Developments for Collective Sale:
1) Asia Square Towers 1
2) Asia Square Towers 2
3) 137 Cecil Street
4) 139 Cecil Street
5) Robinson 77
6) CPF Building
7) The Prospex
- MOF remains resolute on the implementation of the 5 year deadline for developers08 Oct 2015
In view of Developer’s concerns, Ministry of Finance (MOF) addressed that the 5 year deadline for developers to complete and sell off residential units is an adequate amount of time.
- Newton condo Gilstead Court Case sets precedence for Collective Sale agreements08 Oct 2015
The Court of Appeal declared that with presence of bad faith, it cannot intervene to act on the change of collective sale agreements.
- Ratings agency Moody’s provides favourable projection for S-Reits08 Oct 2015
With the current state of the property market, REITS are seemingly becoming attractive for investors.
- Singtel to build its 9th Data Centre in Jurong08 Oct 2015
The pool of Data Centres is on the rise in Singapore, as Singtel announced to build its 9th Data Centre ($400 million), in Jurong
- Tng family purchased GCB at Windsor Park for 21.8m08 Oct 2015
Revival of interest in Good Class Bungalows (GCBs) at Windsor Park since 2013.
- Advance 3rd Quarter GDP estimates to be released on 14th Oct at 8am07 Oct 2015
Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) announced that the advance 3rd Quarter GDP estimates will be released on 14th October 2015 at 8am.
- Developers profits affected by land costs07 Oct 2015
Gloomy property market, falling home prices, cautious land bidding are among the several indicators of lower developer’s profit in recent years.
- Will Floating Cities be a reality in Singapore?07 Oct 2015
An article that explores the future with Floating Cities and shares the insights of a Marine Engineer.
- Increasing number of properties are put up for auction06 Oct 2015
Colliers reported that the number of landed properties put up for sale has increased
- Office rents have taken a dip in the 3rd Quarter: DTZ05 Oct 2015
Average monthly rents for CBD and Downtown area has fallen
More Details: http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/q3-office-rents-in-cbd-rents-suffer-1st-decline-since-2013-dtz
- HDB has announced to develop 4 next-generation Neighbourhood Centres04 Oct 2015
The location of the neighbourhood centres include Punggol, Hougang & Sembawang.
More details: http://www.gov.sg/news/content/the-sunday-times---hdb-unveils-next-gen-neighbourhood-centres
- Highest price recorded for an auction02 Oct 2015
A Single Storey Bungalow sold at $16.3 million at 25 Branksome Road. It was the highest recorded price for an auctioned property thus far this year.
More details: http://business.asiaone.com/news/163m-house-sold-price-highest-auction-year#sthash.ktPJVLk9.dpuf
- URA released 3 Residential sites last week01 Oct 2015
The 3 residential sites last week were: Alexandra View, Jalan Kandis & Lorong Lew Lian
- Singapore population @ 5.4 m30 Sep 2015
The latest population statistic publish by Singapore Statistic department,
2015 - total 5535k, 2014 - 5469.7k
more details: http://www.singstat.gov.sg
- Virgin Active contracted to become Anchor Tenant at Guoco Tower30 Sep 2015
The contracted deal is for a 31,000 sq ft fitness centre on the sixth floor of Guoco Tower
- NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT28 Sep 2015
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong unveiled Singapore's new Cabinet this afternoon (28 Sep).
For National Development
Mr Lawrence Wong - Minister
Mr Desmond Lee - Senior Minister of State
Dr Koh Poh Koon - Minister of State from Jan 1, 2016
more details: http://www.gov.sg/news/content/new-cabinet-announced
- MAS Enhances Regulatory Safeguards for Investors23 Sep 2015
Collectively-managed investment schemes which are in substance similar to traditional regulated investment funds but do not pool investors’ contributions will be regulated as Collective Investment Schemes under the Securities and Futures Act (“SFA”). Schemes intended for retail investors will require authorisation from MAS and be restricted to investments in securities or other assets that are liquid (e.g. precious metals), or have stable income-generating ability (e.g. completed real estate).
more details: http://www.mas.gov.sg
- US Federal Reseve keeps the federal fund rate unchange18 Sep 2015
The Federal Open Market Committee reaffirmed its view that the current 0 to 1/4 percent target range for the federal funds rate remains appropriate. In determining how long to maintain this target range, the Committee will assess progress--both realized and expected--toward its objectives of maximum employment and 2 percent inflation. This assessment will take into account a wide range of information, including measures of labor market conditions, indicators of inflation pressures and inflation expectations, and readings on financial and international developments.
more details: http://www.federalreserve.gov